Wednesday 16 January 2008

So sewing again

It has taken me so long to get back into sewing since Christmas. There seems to have been so much to do and caffeine/sugar/carbohydrate withdrawal have meant that i have not been a particularly nice person recently.

So anyway i am now getting stuck into making the nappy bag for Naomi, mum of my new nephew Michael Dennis. I would have started it earlier but i have a superstitious streak running through me when it comes to babies and i never ever want to tempt fate. Does that make sense??

Anyway i am using this pattern which i was lucky enough to win in the Amy Butler sewing competition.

I would show you photos of the fabric but it is now out of production so i don't seem to be able to get any. It is taking about three days to cut out all the pockets and fabric etc etc. I am hoping to have it finished by the weekend.

Healthy eating update - 8lbs down and 2 inches off the waist.

Enjoy the sunshine (if you have it of course)

3 comments:

Susanne said...

It's great that you are sewing again! And lost weight and inches.

And how nice of you to tell how long it takes to cut out all the pieces because I always feel so slow. But I have a nagging suspicion that that is only the time it takes. For someone who isn't sewing much anyway.

Marmadaisy said...

8lbs well done!

Can't wait to see the bag when it's finished.

Indigo Blue said...

The Amy Butler patterns are very easy to follow. I also won a pattern on the U-handbag competition, I chose the Sophia Holdall and I will confess to not having started it. Look forward to seeing the finished item. I will go and have a look at the banner on your esty, I assume it worked?